RSB 0.14 has been released
We are happy to announce the release of version 0.14 of the RSB middleware.
The development activities in this cycle lead to the following improvements:
- C++: Converters for float and double values
- C++: Configuration debugging by setting __CONFIG_DEBUG
- Java: Spread connection sharing between listeners
- Java: Converter for float values
- Java: Increased timestamp accuracy on Linux and MacOS
- Common Lisp: More efficient filters
- Tools: All Tools can now load data type definitions on demand
- Tools: Bridge now converts payloads iff required
- Tools: Logger accepts new --stop-after option
- Tools: New server command acts as standalone RSB socket server
- RSBag: bag cat can process events without deserializing payloads
- RSBag: Remote controlled recording publishes state change events
- RSBag: bag play can now either keep or replace event ids of replayed events
The following related projects have been released with RSB:
- RSB GStreamer Integration
- RSB XML Support
- RSB OpenCV Integration
- Robotics Systems Types (RST)
In the process, about 20 issues have been created and subsequently resolved.
This RSB release is available in the following forms:
- Source archives
- Pre-compiled self-installing archives
- Debian packages for different Ubuntu Linux versions
- Pypi packages
- Maven package for rsb[-xml]-java and rst (on CITEC server)
The former two can be downloaded from the continuous integration server:
- C++: https://ci.cor-lab.org/job/rsb-cpp-0.14/
- Python: https://ci.cor-lab.org/job/rsb-python-0.14/
- Java: https://ci.cor-lab.org/job/rsb-java-0.14/
- Common Lisp: https://ci.cor-lab.org/job/rsb-cl-0.14/
Debian packages can be downloaded from the repository server .
Installation instructions and links for downloading can be found on the "installation" pages of the RSB manual , the RSBag manual , and the RST manual .
As always, bugs, feature requests and enhancement proposals can be reported in the issue tracker .
For more detailed release notes see:
- Manual: http://docs.cor-lab.de/rsb-manual/0.14/html/index.html
- Roadmap item: https://code.cor-lab.org/versions/51
We will continue to try and create new releases every two to three months.