RSB 0.17 has been released
We are happy to announce the release of version 0.17 of the RSB middleware.
The development activities in this cycle lead to the following improvements:
- Java: Support for the try-with-resource construct
- Java: Improved transport introspection
- Python: More convenient synchronous RPC with timeout
- Common Lisp: Support for UNIX domain socket in the abstract namespace (Linux only)
- Common Lisp: More efficient scope parsing and construction
- RSBag: More efficient retrieval of events from log files, improving batch processing and replay performance
The following related projects have been released with RSB:
In the process, about 5 issues (including some very longstanding, complicated ones) have been resolved.
This RSB release is available in the following forms:
- Source archives
- Pre-compiled self-installing archives
- Debian packages for different Ubuntu Linux versions
- Pypi packages
- Maven package for rsb[-xml]-java and rst (on CITEC server)
The former two can be downloaded from the continuous integration server:
- C++: https://ci.cor-lab.org/job/rsb-cpp-0.17/
- Python: https://ci.cor-lab.org/job/rsb-python-0.17/
- Java: https://ci.cor-lab.org/job/rsb-java-0.17/
- Common Lisp: https://ci.cor-lab.org/job/rsb-cl-0.17/
Debian packages can be downloaded from the repository server .
Installation instructions and links for downloading can be found on the "installation" pages of the RSB manual , the RSBag manual , and the RST manual .
As always, bugs, feature requests and enhancement proposals can be reported in the issue tracker .
For more detailed release notes see:
- Manual: http://docs.cor-lab.de/rsb-manual/0.17/html/index.html
- Roadmap item: https://code.cor-lab.org/versions/74
We will continue to try and create new releases every two to three months.