Introspection / Nameservice Interface and Initial Tool Support
In order to support the introspection of RSB systems, e.g. to answer questions such as
- Which participants exist at all? (-> #44)
Which services do they expose?
- To what scopes these are subscribed (-> #44)
- What type converters are registered
- Which processes do participants belong to (-> #44)
a basic distributed name service an introspection protocol is required.
In the long run, this may be based on something like multicast dns or upnp (The current implementation is in terms of RSB concepts, though).
We should start designing an interface that encapsulates access to the name service locally (ideally also providing callbacks when things change) and implement the access to information of other participants through a simple listener / informer pair that publishes state information
on request at an URI such as: rsb://about.
(-> #44, in particular http://docs.cor-lab.de//rsb-manual/trunk/html/specification-introspection.html)
#14 Updated by J. Moringen almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback