Implement basic introspection support
|Assignee:||J. Moringen||% Done:|
- Being notified of created and destroyed participants ✓
- Querying the currently existing participants ✓
- Obtaining some information about participants such as id, scope, type, containing process, host ✓
- Periodically re-querying participants to detect crashed processes ✓
- Maintaining a list of remote processes ✓
- Maintaining a list of remote hosts ✓
- Maintaining estimated clock offsets for remote hosts ✓
- Maintaining estimated communication latency for remote hosts ✓
Not sure about this old requirement statement:
It should be possible to subscribe to this kind of internal meta events in the same manner as we do for all other events.
It will certainly be possible to receive introspection events like ordinary events but that would entail knowing and sometimes (at least partially) implementing the introspection protocol. I (jmoringe) think a client API is more convenient and less error-prone.