extend face type with gaze informations
|Assignee:||J. Wienke||% Done:|
|Target version:||Robotics Service Bus - rsb-0.13|
I would like to add some gaze informations in the face type.
#4 Updated by J. Wienke almost 7 years ago
B. Carlmeyer wrote:
J. Wienke wrote:
I am not sure about the two boolean additions. Why are they necessary? Both could be derived from the other values.
yes, both could be derived from the other values, but we have a component that already evaluates these values.
This is a problem. Because with this redundancy the potential for misinterpretation gets higher.Generally, we would like to avoid feature creep in the Face type. Therefore our proposal would be as follows:
- Create a generic Euler Angles type for the head orientation (e.g. as yaw, pitch and roll with radiant as unit) and use that type instead of the custom fields
- Create a new type (something like
GazeInformation) which assembles a usual
Faceand the gaze-related variables.
- Boolean variables should not have an
is_prefix. The proto compiler will automatically add this for the accessor methods.
Would such a plan be realizable?
#10 Updated by B. Carlmeyer almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset rst-proto|6d263ec52648d6d307199d2c26fd02708661b744.