Add MotorCurrents type
|Assignee:||J. Wienke||% Done:|
|Target version:||Robotics Service Bus - rsb-0.13|
Plz add MotorCurrents type to sandbox. Thx
Added new type MotorCurrents to dynamics package of sandbox
Signed-off-by: Johannes Wienke <email@example.com>
#1 Updated by J. Wienke over 7 years ago
Formally, the type looks good. But I am not sure about the chosen package. Is there any reference that motor currents are part of the dynamic model of a robot?
#2 Updated by C. Emmerich over 7 years ago
Actually we were wondering too.
- From a systems point of view, this is just a status of a robot's joint such as position, temperature, etc. We didnt find a proper package for that kind of status reports.
- From a control theory point of view, motor currents can be used to estimate joint torques and end-effector forces, see e.g. here, which we actually want to do. Hence, they relate to the dynamics model of a robot the same way joint torques do. That's why we put it there.
But we are open for further discussions or proposals :D
#3 Updated by J. Wienke over 7 years ago
I am not sure about this. Jan, Arne, any ideas?
#4 Updated by J. Wienke over 7 years ago
#5 Updated by J. Moringen over 7 years ago
Putting the type into dynamics may be the pragmatic solution.
#6 Updated by J. Wienke over 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to J. Wienke
- Target version set to rsb-0.13
#7 Updated by Anonymous over 7 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset rst-proto|b706783fb4a8a092e71f27332a061db503d473c7.
#8 Updated by J. Wienke over 7 years ago
How did you manage to become Sebastian in the git commit message? Someone should check his git settings ;)